Register for FREE here: http://aka.ms/cloudtourdc
Microsoft Cloud Tour @ Chevy Chase MD (DC Metro)
Time zone: (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- Content: http://aka.ms/letsdevthistourcontent
- Azure Con 2015: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/azurecon/
- VS2015 CE: http://aka.ms/vs2015ce
- xplat-cli install: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/xplat-cli-install/
- Putty: http://www.putty.org/
- Azure Compliance: http://aka.ms/AzureCompliance
- Revised Keynote: http://wakeupandcode.com/pub-temp/Keynote.pptx
- Revised IaaS pptx: http://wakeupandcode.com/pub-temp/IaaS.pptx
Hands-On Labs: Keynote
Hands-On Labs: App Service + Identity
- HOL – Deploy a SPA with AD to Azure
- HOL – Deploy a Web App to Azure
- HOL – Create an app with a mobile and web client in Azure App Service
Hands-On Labs: IaaS + Data
COMING SOON! Cloud Tour
- Azure Cloud Tour: http://www.microsoftazuretour.com/
- Philly event (Oct 13): https://microsoft.eventcore.com/azuretour/philadelphia
- Intro to Microsoft Azure & Visual Studio 2015 – Hello Azure! In this talk, you’ll learn about Microsoft Azure’s broad service offerings. All the pieces – including Compute, Data, App and Network Services – combine to provide one powerful enterprise-grade cloud platform you can trust. We’ll also broadly cover some of the new features in Visual Studio 2015 and VSO/TFS 2015.
- Microsoft Azure App Services with Visual Studio 2015 – Microsoft Azure App Services provide a powerful way to create Web, Mobile, API and Logic applications. In this module, you will learn the basics of these services and try them in the associated hands-on labs. We’ll throw in some of the exciting new features of Visual Studio including the redesigned IntelliTrace for debugging and the brand new IntelliTest that will help you enhance quality while improving productivity.
- Identity & Access – Learn about ADAL Library, O365 Library, OData Services, .NET & Java.
- IaaS – Need some extra servers? We’ve got them. Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines provide both Windows and Linux guest operating systems.
- Data – Microsoft Azure has many ways to fulfill your storage needs. Covering SQL, Azure HD Insight, Data Warehousing and Data Lakes, this module provides a solid drilldown into the choices available. Learn how to build web apps using DocumentDB and Azure SQL.
08:30 – 09:00: Registration & Breakfast
09:00 – 09:30: Presentation – Intro to Azure (Shahed, 1 of 2)
09:30 – 10:00: HOL – Intro to Azure
10:00 – 10:15: BREAK
10:15 – 11:00: Presentation – App Service (James)
11:00 – 11:45: Presentation – Identity and Access (Mostafa, 1 of 2)
11:45 – 13:30: Lunch & HOLs – App Services & Identity
13:30 – 14:15: Presentation – IaaS (Shahed, 2 of 2)
14:15 – 15:00: Presentation – Data Overview (Mostafa, 2 of 2)
15:00 – 15:15: BREAK
15:15 – 16:45: HOL – IaaS and Data
16:45 – 17:00: Wrap up, Eval & Prizes