I will be hosting a Hands-On Workshop on Universal Apps at the DC MS Devs meetup group @ Microsoft’s Reston VA office on March 24, 2016.
- Date/Time of Event: Thursday, March 24, 2014 @ 6:30pm
- Location: Microsoft, 12012 Sunset Hills Rd., Reston, VA
- Instructions: Come up to Room 3054 (3rd floor)
Learn how you can build Universal Apps using Microsoft dev tools and technologies!
Windows 10 now has more than 200 million users worldwide, and its users are more engaged with the Windows Store than ever! Learn about how Universal Windows Apps can be built for various device families:
- PC (desktop, laptop, tablet)
- Mobile (smartphones)
- Surface Hub
In this Hands-On Workshop, you will learn how to build a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app on your laptop. You will also get an introduction to exciting features such as voice control, adaptive UI and cloud connectivity.
You will also get a brief look at how to use 3rd-party game development tools to export to UWP.
You should arrive with the following:
- Laptop with Windows 10
- Visual Studio 2015 (Community Edition ok)
- Unity 5 (Personal Edition ok)
- Construct 2 (Free Edition ok)