If you’ve been following my blog, you’ll know that I just joined Microsoft as a Technical Evangelist for the East Coast (US).
While I’m still getting settled in, I hit the ground running by meeting up with fellow Evangelists in other locations.
- Earlier this week, I visited Charlotte NC for my orientation, and hung out with Brett Wolfe, the Director of Technical Evangelist for East Coast (Mid-Atlantic and Greater Southeast)
- I also attended an Azure Cloud Hybrid IT Camp, taught by Tommy Patterson, Senior Technical Evangelist from Atlanta GA.
- Towards the end of the week, I met up with Frank La Vigne, a Senior Technical Evangelist for Public Sector, at the Chevy Chase MD office.
- Finally, I came up to New York City to attend and help out at Nokia’s DVLUP Day One event at Microsoft’s new Times Square office.
- I got a chance to meet Bob Familiar (Director for Northeast) and other evangelists Nick Landry (NY), Steve Maier (NY) and Michael Cummings (MA).
From the official website: “DVLUP Day is a unique community event that combines presentations by Windows Phone experts along with a hands-on workshop to help attendees get started on their apps. BRING YOUR LAPTOP! Work with our experts, get started on your app or game, publish it within 3 weeks after the event and get a free Windows Phone 8 device!”
The event is packed, and there a few distinct tracks:
- Track 1: App Dev Intro
- Track 2: App Dev Experienced
- Track 3: Game Dev Unity Intro
- Track 4: Game Dev Unity Porting
I’m following the Unity class in Track 3, with Steve Maier at the helm, while Michael Cummings is available to provide support. I’m providing assistance where possible, and look forward to the workshop later this evening.
In future, I’ll be providing more information on upcoming events when they are open for registration.