Interested in developing games with Construct 2?
Check out a promo video of my colleague James Quick and I on MSDN’s Channel 9 (with DevRadio host Jerry Nixon, to promote our upcoming video tutorial on Microsoft Virtual Academy.
To register for the course, simply go to Microsoft Virtual Academy at:
- Date/Time: September 25, 2014 9:00am–1:00pm PDT
- What: Jump Start training with live Q&A
- Cost: Free
- Audience: Hobbyists or professionals, of any skill level, interested in learning to build 2D games.
- Prerequisites: No experience in game development or computer science is required.
In my previous Construct 2 tutorials, we covered a top-down shooter and a flappy bird clone, derived from Scirra.com tutorials.
In the following presentation, you’ll learn how to make simple improvements to Flapping Bird.
- High score, with WebStorage (HTML5 local storage)
- Sound effects
If you’ve been following my blog, you may have seen my recent posts on Construct 2 tutorials:
Following my own examples, I completed my own flappy bird clone and published it as Gallant Glider.
Download or play online now!
I will be presenting Indie Game Development at the Microsoft Store in Pentagon City (Arlington VA) on June 25, 2014.
MS Store in Pentagon City Mall, Arlington VA
Some of my colleagues and I will be presenting the following topics at Philly Code Camp 2014 @ The Valley Forge Casino Resort near Philadelphia PA on June 21 – June 22, 2014.
Philly Code Camp 2014
- Nick Landry
- 6/21 @ 12pm: Building Speech-enabled Mobile Apps with Cortana (1 PA)
- 6/22 @ 1pm: Building Windows Universal XAML/C# Apps for Smartphones and Tablets (1 PA)
- Dave Voyles
- 6/22 @ 10:30am: Entry level app development for Windows 8 (5 DE)
- Amanda Lange
- 6/22 @ 12pm: Using Unity for 3D Game Development (5 DE)
- Shahed Chowdhuri
- 6/22 @ 1pm: Intro to Construct 2 (5 DE)