In my previous Construct 2 tutorials, we covered a top-down shooter and a flappy bird clone, derived from Scirra.com tutorials.
In the following presentation, you’ll learn how to create a Platformer game, step by step.
- Prerequisite: http://wakeupandcode.com/construct-2-step-by-step/
- Tutorial download (PPTX file): http://WakeUpAndCode.com/public_downloads/ms-C2-Platformer.pptx
- SlideShare link: http://www.slideshare.net/shahedC3000/construct-2-platformer-step-by-step
- Derived from “How to make a Platform game” originally published by Ashley, it has been broken down into individual steps with screenshots and simplified in some areas.
- Background Graphic from Jungle Platformer bundle (available with Construct 2 purchase)
- Ninja Cat Graphic from Angry Zombie Ninja Cats (Xbox 360)
- Other Graphics from Free Bundle (available on Scirra.com footer)
TIP: To follow along, I would suggest starting with the graphics from the free bundle. If you purchase a license, you can also download the Jungle background and get access to many more assets.